Your privacy is of utmost importance to us here at A-Slim and we promise never to release your personal details to any third party company.
When making a purchase through our website we do collect certain bits of personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details).
Information is stored on secure servers.
A-Slim complies entirely with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation that is set out and we’ll treat all of your information as fully confidential and as if it were our own.
Information We Collect
To complete your order, Information you have entered on this website is utilised in the most efficient and secure manner possible.
This information includes:
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Payment information
- Product ordered
You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you e-mail/message us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- Use of your details to complete your order and provide customer support
- Times you have provided your explicit consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information with trusted sourced and only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers: Delivery companies, email services, trusted marketing partners.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We generally keep data for 5 years. This is only to comply with our countries tax laws and code of conduct.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Privacy shield covers any and all data transfers outside of the EU, in the rare instance that we have to pass your information over outside of the EU governed area.
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us: email@example.com
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your explicit consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, We, NEXT SLIM THING LTD., are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at:
Alternately, you may write to us: NEXT SLIM THING LTD., Unit B5, Eldon Way, London, NW10 7QY
Our trusted partners (data processors/handlers):
Delivery companies: Royal Mail, DPD, UPS, TNT etc….
We believe you should be in the know and feel empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information.
This page will therefore explain:
- what information we collect when you are on the A-Slim website and in contact with us;
- why we collect that information;
- how we may then use that information in the future;
- how we share that information (A-Slim does not share any of its data with third parties);
- what choice and options you have to control your information that we may have stored.
Our fundamental principles:
- Your information belongs wholly to you, not us – you should have control over it, and you should know about, and be at ease with, everything that we do with your information;
- We will only collect, keep and use your information either (a) for genuine business purposes that you have not disapproved of, or (b) where we are legally required to do so – and as soon as those purposes have been fully realised we will delete your information;
- We will be as open as possible with you regarding the information we collect, why we collect and how we use it.
- As long as your information is with us we will protect it as if it was our own sensitive data, using the appropriate security processes.
Information we collect
This information has been split into three categories: internet protocol data (IP), customer information and usage data.
Internet Protocol Data
Whenever you use the A-Slim web site, or any other web site for that matter, the web site server needs to know the network address of your access point so that it can send the pages that you request to your Internet browser. The unique network address associated with your computer is called its "IP address" and is sent automatically each time you access any web site. The IP address allows a general geographic location to be extrapolated. We do not keep a long term record of your IP address data unless expressly advised such as when you are purchasing goods through our web site.
This is the information that you fill out while going through our checkout process or opting in to our newsletter service, including your:
- email address
- shipping and billing addresses
- payment details
Usage Data is general information about how you use and interact with our web site that we have worked so hard to design! This is collected using cookies (or similar technologies) placed by us. Cookies are small pieces of information sent from a web site and stored in your web browser, and which may assign an anonymous identifier to the user. Usage Data includes:
- the pages on our website that you clicked on or navigated through;
- how you came to our website (e.g. via Google, our newsletter or a social media platform)
- whether you have visited our site before (we can keep you updated for free, just sign up to our newsletter)
How we use the collected information
All information provided throughout the checkout process are used to fulfil your order and get it to you as swiftly as possible, marketing our products directly to you,sending out our fun and occasionally informative newsletter to your mailbox. A-Slim utilises the latest online security encryption to make sure that your data is kept as safe as possible throughout your visit.
Usage Data & IP Address
Your Usage Data allows us to gain an understanding in regards to your online behaviour. This in turn helps us focus our marketing and improve upon the service we provide to you on our web sites.
Geographical location data is also contained in the Usage Data which also allows us to tailor your experience on our web sites by displaying different content based upon your current location.
We never pass on customer data to third parties for retargeting purposes.
The collection of this data is used wholly to optimise and improve upon our services that we provide to our customers around the world.
Customer contact promise
A-Slim would like you to be among the first to hear about our offers and news about our products and the development of our brand through time.
We make sure you are always in complete control of what we do with your information.
This is our simple customer contact promise:
- We will only use your data to help you make the most of what we have to offer.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you have provided us.
- You can opt out at any time.
- We will always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation.
Choosing not to receive information from us:
If you would not like for us to use your information for any reason, you can do any or all of the following:
- opt out of receiving communication from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our newsletter, advertisement or any other communication.
- delete the existing cookies from your web browser and/or disable cookies on your computer and/or other devices.
- alter your ad preference settings on Google and Facebook, and on the platforms of other platforms.
Changes to this Policy
This page was last updated on 24th May 2018.